Terms of use

Art. 1 – Quotes and prices<.
Labeldoo provides quotes, which only display the price of work, free of charge.
Any costs associated with projects for execution, including drawings, sketches, compositions, printing tests, and so forth, when requested by the customer, are borne by the customer, even if no order is subsequently placed. The prices for the labels mentioned in the quotes are expressed in euros per individual unit and/or in euros per thousand. The costs, or cost contributions, for systems, dies, plates, silk-screen frames, punches, color proofs, and others, are detailed in euros.
The quotes are intended for:

  • 1.1 work performed during standard working hours;
  • 1.2 executive and/or compatible digital media, adhering to agreed-upon protocols.

Any expenses required to create sketches, digital media, and other materials for pre-printing, printing, die-cutting, and/or label finishing fall under the customer’s responsibility. The prices listed in sales price lists, commission proposals, and shipping costs are always exclusive of VAT.

Art. 2 – Order Placement

Direct and indirect orders that do not align with the content of a specific quote are subject to Labeldoo’s approval. All orders are considered accepted, even if deliveries are divided or deferred due to the availability of items or production demands.
The customer specifies in the order:

  • 2.1 the quantity;
  • 2.2 the technical characteristics and references to conditions, the intended use of the label, and the method of application (manual or automatic);
  • 2.3 all other pertinent information (drawings, samples, sketches, etc.) and conditions (price, delivery terms, payment, transport, etc.) necessary for contract conclusion;
  • 2.4 the desired packing and packaging.

For the printing of barcode labels, the customer supplies the original master film along with the corresponding inspection certificate issued by the manufacturer. The enlargement (BWI) and reduction (BWR) factors are agreed upon with Labeldoo, depending on the type of adhesive material and the type of printing. The delivery of the originals for the execution of the work constitutes full acceptance of the conditions stipulated in the estimate.

Art. 3 – Order confirmation

Order confirmation is generated at the same moment when the order is completed on the Labeldoo website. Any discrepancies between the order and the order confirmation are promptly clarified by both parties. These clarifications are appropriately documented.

Art. 4 – Pre-press

The customer is responsible for the printing systems (plates or print forms, digital files, silk-screen printing systems, and hot impressions). The charges for competition costs depend on the printing process, the size of the system, the number of colors, the print run, and/or remakes, even without variation. Labeldoo’s level of intervention according to the instructions and/or material received in the pre-printing phase leads to specific charges. In the case of print forms (plates), the surface area is calculated by multiplying the base by the height of the rectangle that contains all the labels making up the printing system, adding an extra 1 cm to each side incurs an additional charge for the customer.

Art. 5 – Guidelines for sending graphic files

Graphic files must conform to existing legislation regarding packaging materials. When submitting artwork, adhere to the following specifications:

  • 5.1 files must be provided in their native format;
  • 5.2 we can handle any graphic format on both Mac OS and Windows platforms, but it is necessary to send the files in PDF format, using the CMYK color method, with fonts converted into paths, and images embedded in the document;
  • 5.3 files and images must be in Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black (not RGB, not Pantone);
  • 5.4 the maximum inks overlap (“Total ink”) must be 270%
  • 5.5 submit editable files with all separate layers (text, images, backgrounds, etc.);/li>
  • 5.6 convert any Pantone colors to full color using the CMYK values;/li>
  • 5.7 do not apply trapping, unless using ArtPro files where a trapping of 0.1 mm can be applied;
  • 5.8 avoid applying color profiles to the file. The minimum recommended MAG for barcodes is MAG 80, and avoid applying BWR (Barcode Width Reduction) to barcodes;
  • 5.9 keep text and graphic elements at least 3mm away from the die line. Ensure that any graphic overflow beyond the die line is at least 2mm;
  • 5.10 accompany the file with the relevant fonts, or alternatively, convert the text into paths;
  • 5.11 logos and strokes should be in vector format, or if using raster images, they should have a resolution of 2,800 dpi;
  • 5.12 images should have a resolution of 300 dpi;
  • 5.13 avoid applying screen inclinations;
  • 5.14 the minimum thickness of lines in positive should be 0.2 mm, and in negative, it should be 0.3 mm;
  • 5.15 the minimum size of text in positive should be 6 points, and in negative, it should be 8 points.

Art. 5, paragraph 2 – Contents subject to printing

The client assumes full responsibility for the content subject to printing, releasing Labeldoo.com from the obligation to examine such content. Therefore, the client accepts any liability towards third parties who may claim damage to their image, reputation, moral integrity, or any other financial or non-financial harm causally linked to the printing subject to the contract. Labeldoo.com reserves the right to call upon the client for indemnification if claims for compensation are directly addressed to Labeldoo.com. While having no responsibility or obligation to verify the content, Labeldoo.com reserves the right to refuse orders at its sole discretion, concerning the printing of materials containing pornographic, pedophilic, obscene, immoral, or otherwise indecent content, incitement to racial or political hatred, or any material that is not compliant with the law, ethics, or the privacy of individuals and institutions, as well as material that is unsuitable or not in line with the purposes of this website.

Art. 6 – Drafts, suspension and modification of the work

Sending the print file implies approval for printing and releases Labeldoo from liability for errors or omissions related to the approved material. Once approved, any costs incurred for modifications requested by the customer will be borne by the customer.

Art. 7 – Raw materials and their characteristics

Unless otherwise specified, Labeldoo selects materials that, based on its expertise, are deemed suitable to meet the customer’s stated requirements. Labeldoo does not provide a guarantee for the final performance of the product if it is used in a manner other than what is indicated.

Art. 8 – Machine downtime

The customer is responsible for covering the costs incurred due to machine stoppages or work suspensions caused by factors attributed to the customer. Any changes to materials, especially those of specific types and characteristics purchased for dedicated production, will result in a charge equivalent to the cost incurred being applied to the customer.

Art. 9 – Production

Our inks and paints at Labeldoo are designed to meet various application requirements. To guarantee optimal results, it is crucial for the customer to provide specific information regarding their needs. This includes requirements such as ink resistance to light, abrasion resistance, suitability for food contact, pasteurization, overlapping of label edges, compliance with specific regulations, and more. By communicating these specific needs, Labeldoo can tailor the production process accordingly.

Art. 10 – Die cutting

Die cutting is performed without visible incision marks on the silicone-coated support (liner) and is carefully executed to avoid any breakages or issues during normal use on appropriate labeling machines. Labeldoo utilizes various die cutting methods, including flat, cylinder, sheet metal, or laser cutting dies, depending on the available machinery. The die cutting pitch remains consistent and is determined by measuring the distance between the start of one label and the start of the next. Unless otherwise agreed with the customer, there is a minimum gap of 1.6 mm between two consecutive labels, ensuring proper stripping and application with labeling machines. The silicone backing (liner) extends 1 to 5 millimeters beyond the label width, providing optimal positioning. The label is centrally aligned within the siliconized support (liner) band.

Art. 11 – Hot stamping

The qualitative and quantitative tolerances for hot stamping may vary depending on the specific technical parameters, size of the hot stamping, and printing details. These tolerances are generally higher than those mentioned in Art. 16./p>

Art. 12 – Relief printing

The qualitative and quantitative tolerances for relief printing may vary depending on the specific technical parameters, size of the dry embossing, and printing details. These tolerances are generally higher than those mentioned in Art. 16.

>Art. 13 – Joints

Unless otherwise specified, joints are made using transparent adhesive tape. The tape is applied to the back of the silicone-coated support, in the center of the label. The number of joints is kept to a minimum. The splicing process ensures that the label reels can be effectively used on applicator machines without any issues such as mixing or head/tail splices of the labels.

Art. 14 – Reels or rolls of self-adhesive labels

Our reels or rolls of self-adhesive labels are made to ensure that the adhesive does not bleed. When placing an order, customers are required to provide the following technical data, if applicable:

  • 14.1 Internal diameter of the core
  • 14.2 Maximum external diameter of the reel or roll
  • 14.3 Number of labels per reel or roll
  • 14.4 Position of the label on the reel or roll in relation to the output direction (narrow side or wide side)
  • 14.5 Winding direction, whether labels are placed inside or outside the reel or roll
  • 14.6 Position of the printout in relation to the label

Please note that variations in the thickness of the self-adhesive materials used may result in variations in the diameter of the reel or roll. In such cases, the customer must communicate whether they accept the new reel or roll size or if they wish to reduce the number of labels contained. Our reels are aligned, featuring clean cuts, and the core does not protrude more than 2mm. Each reel or roll is labeled with the customer’s indication, product code, number of labels, date of packaging, and identification data on the outside and/or inside of the core.

Art. 15 – Waste

Unless otherwise agreed, Labeldoo takes responsibility for the disposal of processing waste generated during the transformation phase.

Art. 16 – Tolerances.

Given the complexity of the processing involved, the recognized tolerances for quality and quantity are as follows:
Quantity Tolerances:

  • 16.1 for quantities up to 5,000 labels, tolerances of +/- 10% are allowed;
  • 16.2 for quantities between 5,001 and 30,000 labels, tolerances of +/- 8% are allowed;
  • 16.3 for quantities over 30,000 labels, tolerances of +/- 5% are allowed. Different tolerances can be agreed upon when placing an order or based on specific packaging requirements.

Quality Tolerances (Register):

  • 16.4 between colors, a tolerance of +/- 0.5 mm in the longitudinal and transversal direction is allowed for 90% of the production, and +/- 0.6 mm for the remaining 10%;
  • 16.5 between color and hot stamping, and between color and partial varnishing, a tolerance of +/- 0.8 mm is allowed in the longitudinal and transversal direction for 90% of the production, and +/- 0.9 mm for the remaining 10%;
  • 16.6 between color and the perimeter of the label, a tolerance of +/- 0.7 mm is allowed in the longitudinal and transversal direction for 90% of the production, and +/- 0.9 mm for the remaining 10%;
  • 16.7 the label must be in a median position with respect to the siliconized support band, with a tolerance of +/- 1 mm for 90% of the production, and +/- 1.5 mm for the remaining 10%;
  • 16.8 tolerances between all elements of the label and the non-adhesive parts are +/- 4 mm for 90% of the production, and +/- 5 mm for the remaining 10%;
  • 16.9 there are greater tolerances for specific processes such as printing on the back label, self-adhesive, double die-cutting, and offline printing. The die-cutting must not affect the normal use of labels for automatic application;
  • 16.10 color tolerance: Exact color reproduction is guaranteed within the technical limitations of the reproduction system. Colors on computer monitors may differ from the finished work. Color proofs requested by the customer will incur additional charges. The color test will focus on the color rendering on the chosen support during the order phase, excluding ancillary processes and die-cutting, which may require separate testing at an additional cost;
  • 16.11 ink adhesion tolerances: Labeldoo ensures ink adhesion on different self-adhesive materials within their compatibility limits. Minor anchorage imperfections are allowed as long as they do not affect the functionality or aesthetics of the label. Tightness tests are permitted as specified by Finat or other applicable regulations;;
  • 16.12 tolerance on the number of labels per reel or roll: +/- 5 to 10 labels;
  • 16.13 tolerance on reel or roll alignment: +/- 1.5 mm based on die construction data, excluding extension or normal withdrawal of the support;
  • 16.14 tolerance on label dimensions: +/- 0.5 mm;
  • 16.15 Tolerance on punching pitch: +/- 0.5 mm;
  • 16.16 tolerance between graphics and punch limit: +/- 0.8 mm;
  • 16.17 tolerance on barcode printing. Tolerances are allowed as long as they do not compromise readability and decoding with standard code readers;
  • 16.18 tolerances on self-adhesive material characteristics. These are specified in the technical data sheets provided by the manufacturers;

Please note that dimensional variations caused by the mechanical and physical characteristics of specific materials are not included in the quality tolerances.

Art. 17 – Delivery Terms

The delivery terms are specified in the order. If the customer fails to collect the goods within three days of the agreed delivery deadline, they will bear the risks and costs associated with storing the goods. In case of force majeure events, the delivery terms will be extended for a period equal to the duration of such events. Delays in providing the original materials and returning approved final proofs may result in the expiration or revision of the delivery terms. The term “delivery” refers to the date of shipment by Labeldoo or the notification of goods availability. It is recommended that the customer maintain sufficient emergency stock to account for their needs, considering the possibility of receiving defective, incorrect, damaged, or unusable goods, as well as experiencing transportation delays or non-delivery due to force majeure events (such as theft, accidents, delays in raw material delivery, strikes, worker absence, errors or negligence, system failures, power outages, floods, etc.). Therefore, no compensation will be provided to the buyer for any loss of orders, customers, increased production costs, or production losses resulting from delays or non-delivery beyond the seller’s control.

Art. 18 – Ownership of Facilities, Equipment, and Art.

18.1 All manufacturing elements, graphic materials produced, digital files provided by the customer and modified by our graphic team, samples, and production-related documents, printing forms and matrices, and any materials involved in the preparation and execution of the product (incurring costs for the customer but not total payment) are the property of Labeldoo.

Art. 19 – Retention of title of the goods

The goods shall remain the property of Labeldoo until full payment of the sales invoice has been received.

Art. 20 – Preservation of Manufacturing Elements

The manufacturing elements, graphic materials, digital files provided by the customer, samples, and production-related documents, as well as printing forms and matrices, are stored at Labeldoo’s premises for a maximum period of 1 year, unless otherwise agreed with the customer. Ownership of these materials is not a factor in their preservation.

Art. 21 – Shipment.

Absent a different agreement between the parties, the customer is responsible for the transport costs, and the goods are transported at their own risk, even if sold with the “carriage paid” clause. Labeldoo is not liable for any errors or delays in the delivery of goods. In the case of goods sold with the “carriage paid” clause, Labeldoo reserves the right to choose the most suitable means and method of transport. Any complaints regarding tampering or damages must be reported directly to the delivery personnel and noted on the transport document. Labeldoo assumes no responsibility for the adequacy of packaging, which is considered to have been carried out properly if accepted by the carrier without reservation.

Art. 22 – Storage and application

It is recommended to store the labels at temperatures around 20/25 degrees Celsius and maintain a relative humidity between 50/60%. The labels should be kept in their original packaging as supplied by Labeldoo. The highest quality use of the labels is guaranteed for 6 months from the date of production, provided they are stored correctly in the recommended conditions. It is also advisable to store the labels in the production area for at least 24 hours before their use. Please note that Labeldoo does not guarantee the lightfastness of printed inks, as various factors can affect the color stability of the printed label due to UV irradiation.

>Art. 23 – Complaints and Returns.

Any defects must be reported within 8 days from the date of receipt for weight, quantity, and apparent quality defects, and from the date of discovery for hidden defects and faults. The deadline for reporting defects takes into account Labeldoo’s closure during holidays and public holidays. After these deadlines, the related invoices will be considered accurate and accepted for all purposes of the contract. Returns of non-defective goods will not be accepted. Defective goods should be kept available for inspection by Labeldoo for 15 days from the date of dispute, and any return of the goods should be arranged between the parties. The returned goods must be adequately packaged to avoid any deterioration. Replacement of defective labels will be made with identical labels to the original request, and any subsequent changes requested by the customer will be subject to agreement between the parties. Complaints regarding adhesion, bleeding, or slipping of the label on the siliconized support will only be considered if the customer has followed the recommended storage and conservation conditions for the labels.

Art 24 – Payments

Payments should be made within the agreed terms and according to the agreed methods. In the event of a delay or insolvency, default interest will be calculated at the official Bank of Italy discount rate plus 8 points, in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 231/02, from the due date of the payment until the actual receipt of the payment. Failure or delay in payment of an invoice gives Labeldoo the right to release itself from any further supply commitments.

Art. 25 – Disputes

In the event of any disputes that may arise, the parties agree that their legal domicile shall be the court of Isernia. This clause applies regardless of the agreed payment method, such as bank receipts, drafts, bills, transfers, etc. By signing the commission proposal, quote, or order confirmation, the parties acknowledge and fully accept all the sales and production conditions stated herein, renouncing any individual or collective purchase conditions they may have.